Certificate in University Teaching for Professors
This is a free, non-credit* training program for uOttawa professors who are interested in obtaining recognition within the academic community.
The Teaching and Learning Support Service (TLSS) at the University of Ottawa invites professors to enroll in the Certificate in University Teaching.
The Certificate in University Teaching for Faculty Members aims to allow professors to:
- Refine develop their teaching and learning skills;
- Pursue training that enhances their instructional practice;
- Facilitate discussion and collaboration; and
- Implement the use of various learning methods, including information and communication technologies.
- The professional development program is free of charge for full time-time and part-time professors working at the University of Ottawa.
- Participants must attend all conferences/workshops of the program in order to obtain the certificate.
- Participation in TLSS workshops and lectures during the two (2) years prior to registration for this certificate may be recognized.
- Certificates are only conferred in the spring; however, where needed/required, a letter may be provided by the Director of the Centre for University Teaching which confirms completion of the certificate requirements.
- The workshops/conferences applied toward this certificate cannot also be used toward the Certificate in University Teaching for Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows.
- The certificate is non-credited and not part of the programs approved by the University of Ottawa Senate.
- The certificate cannot be used towards a degree and is not equivalent to any other professional certification.
The program as a whole must be completed within three (3) years.
- Blended Course Design - 4 Parts Program
- A minimum of 10 TLSS sessions (workshops, webinars, lectures) equivalent to at least 20 hours of training
Your participation in any TLSS workshops or lectures during the academic year prior to registration for this certificate may be recognized within this training program.
This training program is free for professors working at the University of Ottawa.
* Please note that this certificate is not part of the programs approved by the University of Ottawa Senate.