Individual and Private Consultations
The CIPDL offers consultation services for University of Ottawa instructors who are interested in discussing topics related to teaching and learning. Two types of consultations are available: confidential individual consultation or group consultation.
What is individual consultation?
Why would I consult?
- To obtain information on new teaching methods or evaluation techniques you might wish to implement in your course.
- To work on any component of your teaching process (planning, teaching methods, evaluation, etc.).
- To discuss difficulties you may have encountered while teaching (e.g. difficulty motivating students' participation, giving or receiving feedback, etc.) and means to solve them.
- To discuss the results of your student course evaluations and to develop instructional strategies that may help improve your teaching or your students' learning.
- To discuss any other subject related to teaching and student learning.
- To develop and prepare a teaching dossier.
What is group consultation?
Who consults and why?
- Professors who teach the same course and decide to change some aspects of it, for example evaluation tools or strategies.
- Professors from a department who share a common interest, for example, course assessment methods or getting feedback in class. At the request of the department, the Centre can organize a workshop and a discussion for all the instructors in the department.
- Departments or faculties who wish to conduct a survey among students, develop new courses, make curricular changes, etc.
- Departments or units who wish to arrange an instructional development program for staff (e.g. course design, developing multiple-choice tests, etc.).
Whatever your needs are in terms of teaching, we will be happy to collaborate with groups of professors, departments or faculties and help find appropriate resources.
For further information, contact the Centre for Innovative Pedagogies and Digital Learning (CIPDL).
How does it work?
- Simply call 613-562-5300 or email ;
- Agree upon an appointment with the CIPDL team;
- Take note of the details of the online consultation in your calendar.
What tech do I need to make this work?
If you don't have a Skype account, you will need to create one. To do so, please follow the instructions listed on the Skype website www.skype.com/en.