University is switching from Echo360 and Opencast to a new video capture system
As part of a continued effort to offer you the best active learning tools at uOttawa, we are excited to announce that we will be moving from Echo360 and Opencast to a new system for September 1st.
WHAT’S HAPPENING TO ECHO360 AND OPENCAST?
- Echo360 will go offline on June 30th, 2021.
- Opencast will go offline on December 31st, 2021. (the ability to record new material will end on august 31st, 2021)
- The new systems will go live on September 1st (the tools and trainings will be available in the summer).
- If there is content in the Echo360 platform (e.g., polling questions, Presentations, etc.) that you wish to retain access to following the transition, you will need to access, download and save that content to your own device or online storage system BEFORE June 30th. Note: Polling and Media Slides cannot be downloaded from the platform.
- Existing Echo360 and Opencast videos will be transferred on demand to the new lecture capture system for the fall semester.
SO, WHAT NEXT?
- Keep an eye out on your email for additional updates including fall training dates.
- Video training will be posted on our Website during the summer to help familiarize you with the features offered by the new systems.
Thank for your cooperation during this transition!